JNTUH Guidelines to conduct online project evaluation cum viva exams for B.Tech / B. Pharmacy 4-2 Semester 2021
The Principals are informed to note the following new guidelines with regard to the conduct of online project evaluation cum viva exams of IV Year B.Tech/B.Pharm II Sem students:
1) The online project evaluation cum viva examinations of BTech / B Pharm IV Year II Semester are to be scheduled between 24-06-2021 to 30-06-2021, using online video conferencing mode only. The panels of examiners are to be uploaded on or before 17-06-2021.
2) The Principals are informed to propose five names of the examiners in each project panel; out of these five names, two names must be of the faculty of JNTUH constituent colleges and units and three names from the affiliated colleges of the University.
3) The examiners of the project viva-voce exam shall be selected such that a total number of batches allotted to each faculty member shall not exceed a predefined threshold.
4) The Principals are informed to refer to the JNTUH diary to get the name of the faculty members to identify the names to include in the panels of examiners.
5) The examiners will be selected from the panels uploaded by the colleges only.
6) The panel of examiners should not include the faculty members from the group / extended group colleges.
7) Only those faculty members who are having total teaching experience of five or more years should be included in the panel.
8) There should not be a repetition of the names of faculty members in different panels during the same spell of exams.
9) All the project viva exams should be scheduled during working hours only. Under any circumstances, the project viva exam should not continue beyond 6:30 PM
10) The video conferencing platform should be identified by the college from Cisco WebEx/ Google Meet / Microsoft Teams / BigBlueButton / Saved or any other alternative video conferencing platform. The students should be trained to get acquainted with the usage of the same.
11) University shall appoint one external examiner for every batch (section) of around 60 students. The comfort of the external examiner with the (identified) video conferencing platform should also be taken into consideration.
12) The time scheduling of batch-wise project evaluations of the entire section needs to be done by their respective heads of the department. The same should be communicated to the students as well as to the external examiners.
13) The students should submit a softcopy of their respective project works (one report for each batch)to the college. The soft copies of these project reports should be grouped section-wise. All project reports of one section should be mailed to the external examiners of respective sections/branch at least one day before the scheduled date of the project viva exam.
14) There must be one internal evaluation of the projects using the same online video conferencing plot form. This internal evaluation should also be scheduled at least one day before the external project evaluation date. This online internal project evaluation should carry sufficient weightage in the assessment of internal marks of the project work.
15) The committee of project evaluation should comprise an external examiner, guide and other members as specified in academic regulations. All the students of one project batch (who are present) should be evaluated at a one-time slot.
16) The video mode must be set on at the student terminals while evaluation is being done and all the students must be visible to the evaluation committee at the time of evaluation. The responsibility of identification of the students of project batches during the online project evaluation cum viva-exam lies with the guides of the respective batches.
17) The video of all the project-viva proceedings should be recorded and preserved in the department for future verifications purpose. Necessary applications have to be installed for recording the proceedings of the evaluation.
18) The colleges should instruct students to submit their hard-copy project reports to the colleges on or before the date of issue of hall tickets (for writing their IV-II sem exams). The bonafide certificates in the project reports should be signed by the supervisor(s), HOD and the Principal and issue the student copy to the students by retaining the dept./institute copies.
19) Due to internet bandwidth problems, if any student is unable to attend for online project evaluation, a separate session with the same external examiner shall be scheduled at a later date. The details of all such students should be intimated to this office by the Principals in writing on or before 01-07-2021.
20) The external project Viva-voce evaluation marks are to be uploaded to the exams registration portal from the Principal’s login and take the printout of the provisional report on the day of the Project Viva-voce exam. The external examiner shall log in to the portal with his/her credentials communicated by JNTUH and will verify the uploaded marks. He/she can alter the marks if required.
21) If any student is absent due to internet problems at his/her place of residence, a separate schedule will be issued later for such students. After completion of the Viva-voce exam of such students, their marks will also be posted in the provisional award list by the external examiner. Once all the marks of all students are posted, the external examiner shall freeze the marks. Once the marks are frozen the colleges can download the final marks reports.
22) The project review committees at the department level should pay sufficient attention to give inputs to the students to incorporate necessary corrections in the project works. Appropriate titles of the project works shall be made as one parameter for awarding the marks in the external project evaluation.
23) The titles of the project reports (of the students) must be meaningful and self-explanatory. The Heads of the Department/section coordinators must read the titles of all project works, single-page abstracts of all the project work and must be fully satisfied. The project guides must read the complete dissertation book of every batch assigned to them. Your cooperation is highly solicited.